October 19, 2019
Pensacola Beach’s biggest culinary event is moving to October and you’re invited!
The 12th Annual Taste of the Beach Festival kicks off Friday night, October 18, 2019, with a special progressive VIP Dinner (SOLD OUT) that will transport diners to four of the island’s s best restaurants via trolley. The evening begins at the Pensacola Beach Visitor Information Center where guests can enjoy a complimentary champagne toast before being whisked away to the first dining destination. Wine will be paired with each course, which will last approximately 45 minutes, and then guests will board the trolley to depart to the next restaurant. There are four departure start times from the Visitor Information Center: 5:30 PM; 6:15 PM; 7 PM; 7:45 PM. Only a select amount of tickets are available per departure start time. So don’t wait to purchase! Guests are asked to arrive to the Visitor Information Center at least 15 minutes prior to departure time. Due to limited trolley space, if you miss your departure time you will not be able to board a later trolley.
The 2019 VIP Dinner will showcase the following restaurants:
VIP Dinner is Rain or Shine!!!
1. Appetizers – Frank & Lola’s at Margaritaville Beach Hotel – Chef Eric Troup
- Seared scallops and sticky pork belly with carrots, ginger puree, roasted Brussels sprouts and cilantro foam.
- Drink pairing: Infamous Gold Cabernet Blanc
2. Soup & Salad – Flounder’s Chowder House – Chef Dennis Moore
- Salad: Crispy gulf oysters served on a bed of Boston lettuce & shaved red onion, olive-cured tomatoes, crumbled Roquefort cheese, pork belly croutons and pepper jelly vinaigrette
- Soup: Floyd Flounder’s Phenomenal Flounder Chowder
- Drink pairing: “Eve” Chardonnay from Washington State
3. Entrée – Hemingway’s Island Grille – Chef John Smith
- Long boat Mahi-Mahi; fresh grilled Mahi served over island rice topped with gulf shrimp, sautéed Roma tomatoes, portabella mushrooms and onions in a roasted garlic butter sauce.
- Drink pairing: Cake Bread Sauvignon Blanc
4. Dessert – Crabs We Got ‘Em – Chef Jere Doyle
- Sweet potato pecan bread pudding with praline crème anglaise.
- Drink pairing: Keylada Colada
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 19
Saturday’s outdoor event has been cancelled
Saturday’s day long festival will take place on October 19, from 10 am to 6 pm. The day is filled with chefs’ challenges, team cook offs, live music, tastings, restaurants’ signature dishes, a frozen zone, dining tent, hospitality tent, kids area, t-shirt sales and much more – all along the sugar-white sands and emerald-green waters of Pensacola Beach. You’ll have so much fun you’ll want to stay the whole day. Entry is free for Saturday’s festival, with nearly two-dozen restaurants showcasing their signature dishes for $5 each.
Taste of the beach is a primary off-season festival bringing thousands of locals and visitors to Pensacola beach and has been named one of the top 20 events in the Southeast by the Southeast Tourism Society.